Lord, Reign over Me

Hello Again. His mercies are new every morning . 
God is good all the time and all the time God is good. 

This morning as I was praying God kept reminding me and filling me with that inner peace. I was reminded about whatever the Lord had done in my life for the past few years. My heart is filled with gratitude and reverence for the King of kings .None of us can say that God didn't do anything good in our lives . He is ever faithful and loves us unconditionally . I listened to the song "Forever Reign" by Hillsong Worship where the song goes like this 


Oh, I'm running to Your arms
I'm running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign


Many a times we are actually running around our problems rather than running to our Father God. I was a person like that . I had severe depression, fear and anxiety issues .Negative and hopeless , that was me a few years ago. It was on of the darkest times in my life. I had tons of sleepless nights where I even I was going to die . There was nothing wrong in me but I had started to believe the lies of the devil .I was feeling lonely and felt like I couldn't see the ray of hope anymore. Now don't judge me . We all have our such kind of moments . I had mine .
One early morning a few years back , I had not sleep the whole night . I didn't know what to do so I knelt down to pray. All I had was tears and I uttered the name of Jesus again and again . I said to the Lord " Lord I don't know whats wrong with me but I feel this fear deep in my heart .Lord fill me with your heavenly peace .I don't even like myself .I know you are the Great I am. Lord Have your way in me . " I had nothing else to say to the Lord . I said Amen and opened up my bible to read . My daily bible portion was from Luke chapter 12 where verses 4-7 assures us that Jesus cares for us . He says why do you fear when I am right next to you ready to your rescue ?"

“I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. 
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

When I started reading it , I felt God's tangible presence in that very room on that morning. I felt the Holy Spirit ministering to me . My fear , anxiety immediately vanished and I started feeling light as a feather . My heart wasn't burdened anymore . The joy of the Lord embraced my life.I felt like my life wasn't the same anymore . I had my encounter that day . My sensed a transfiguration in my spiritual life. I began to taste and see the Lord's goodness in my life in a new way . Ever since then , the Lord taught me to look at his face everyday than to look at His hands .I understood one thing , We got to rest in His goodness  and His mercies . He will wonderfully help you pick up your broken and missing pieces and turn your life into a masterpiece of His faithfulness. 

Why am I saying this today ? This morning I read a similar verse in my daily devotion from Mathew chapter 6 verses 33- 34

34 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

These were the verses which actually strengthened me a few years back . God hearkened back memories this morning. I am grateful for God's presence and His power packed scriptures .Let Jesus reign over your darkest moments . I let him to ! He is still doing amazing things . 

Today I encourage each one of you to let Jesus take the wheel and let Him lead on . Enough of trying to make things perfect on your own . Just follow Him wherever He leads you . He knows your name. You are precious in His sight . 

God Bless You . Glory be to God Alone . 


2 comments:

  1. The words you have written has its own unique meaning for everyone...God Bless Marcia

    ReplyDelete