Forgiveness

Beloved Friends in Christ.
Greetings in the glorious name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I hope you are all doing fantastic during the lock down time . We don't  have to regret or feed bad as the Joy of the Lord is our strength .Our God will protect us and fulfill all our needs and desires . He is the river of life . He will flood your hearts with grace and peace. Glory be to God . What a mighty God we serve . 

I have been reading the book of Mathew and its very eye opening to me personally. The word of God never fails to talk to me . Praise God for that . Today I want to write to you about something I was struggling in my life. Forgiving someone is huge . It has to happen from the bottom of the heart. It is never easy to forgive someone wholeheartedly.It was extremely hard to let go off my bitterness against a few people in my lives . Whenever someone said anything bad about me or did something that broke my heart.I would feel terrible in my heart. I know ,I don't  have the guts to talk back or start a fight .I start avoiding them completely .That's my nature. I don't  want to face them but to stay away from them . My bitterness kept bottling up in my heart . I was sinking in all my outrage. I knew that as a Christian this is not the way I should behave . I knew it all. Its just that I couldn't get rid of these feelings . The Lord had convicted me many a times to get my heart right with him. I ignored the Lord's call to forgive and let go of my annoyance and vexation . I was adamant. I really was. 


At one point this bitterness caused me to lose my peace . That grudge in my heart made me a monster in my heart. I had behavioral changes in me . My happiness and serenity was gone. I understood that I had to let go of this weight that was pulling me down . I hit the rock bottom .I wasn't the same person anymore . I decided to forgive and obey God . I prayed about it and told Him "Lord, I am willing to forgive and forget but I don't have the strength to do it and I don't know how.Oh! God please help me ". Lord God created ways for me to reconcile in person with people. I let God to pull out those weeds in my heart . I yielded myself to the Holy Spirit. He did the miracle and helped me to set right all my relationships .Oh what a joy I felt and that heavenly peace filled my heart . 

Now lets take a look at the Verses from the Book of Mathew chapter 18 .The verses 21 to 35 talk about the parable of the unmerciful servant. The main theme behind these verses is forgiving others. Jesus says that we must forgive others 77 times . Wow! 

Mathew 18:21,22


21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 

22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. 

It is kind of hard right ! Forgiving someone just one time is tough, but look what is Jesus saying here. I am not going into the depth of the incident here. We all know the parable .May be you can read it in again . I want to bring out the essence here. Forgiveness.

We were sinners and so unworthy and still Jesus Christ chose to take up the cross and give his life for us.He shed his precious blood for a wretch like us . He forgave us of all our transgressions and trespasses. He choose us even before we knew Him. That is love . That is the father's heart . 

Now, think about it . What if Jesus had refused to bleed on that cross for you and me . He did not have to do this . Why did he do it ? He loves you . He cares for you . No other Gods of this world gave their lives for our salvation . Only Jesus did. Love ran red for you and me . 

How much should you and I forgive ? If you are like me unwilling or even limping about to forgive someone today the Holy Spirit wants to help you . Yield to Him .He will do the magic. Its very simple . Kneel down and surrender at Jesus's feet and express your desire to forgive that's all. He will open doors for the forgiving process . He will help you get over it and forget about it Jesus will fill your heart with his pure agape love. That peace which surpasses all understanding will engulf your lives . You will see your lives becoming happier and joyful right in front of your eyes. 

So are you willing to forgive today ? Don't be hard hardhearted . Take a decision today.God is ready to help you out when you are willing to take that step.

Forgive, Forget  and Feel Fabulous today.

Shalom Blessings .

No comments:

Post a Comment