Bear Fruit

Good Day Folks ! Grace and Peace to all of you . 

I have been reading the book of Mathew from the new testament . Every time I read the Gospel books I feel like God is teaching new enlightening views for me to personally meditate upon them. Today I want to write about a few verses from Mathew chapter 7 that brought me to my senses . 

The passage is from Mathew chapter 7 verses 20-23

20 You can tell each tree by its fruit. 
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven. Only those who do what my Father in heaven wants will enter. 
22 "Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord! Lord! Didn't we prophesy in your name? Didn't we drive out demons in your name? Didn't we do many miracles in your name?' 

23 Then I will tell them clearly, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who do evil!'

Many a times we are often carried away trying to serve the Lord . I usually tell my son that if he does his Reading , Math, Writing or any academic work I would give him his allowance which is TV time or he can play his favorite video game . I am kind of a strict mom actually . He only gets his benefits after he is done with his homework. He still tries to bribe me sometimes . He says "Mom I finished my food can I have TV?" "Mom , I helped you clean up , can I have my video game ?" Still it is a big NO from me as these are not the necessary tasks to be done for him to have his TV time . Academics work is the one and only way to earn his way to watch TV. He understands it but sometimes he tries me out by giving me various options . 
He is a sweet little boy :)

In the same way we do so  many things to please God . We can talk about God 24/7 . We can write for the Lord . We can preach the Gospel . We can sing for the Lord, We can say prophesies in His name . We can even drive out demons in Jesus's name . What if the Lord says " I do not know you " Pity on us . We have failed completely if the Lord is going to say that to us . We have done all the extras to please him but We did not do the basics to please God. 

What does the Lord really want of us ?

A testimony filled life . A life radiating Christ like character .A fruit bearing life. Are we bearing fruit in our daily lives ? Do we live  for the Lord ? Do we follow his commandants every day ? Do we have compassion for our neighbor ? Do our hearts burden out on seeing a soul who doesn't know the Lord ? Are we ashamed of the Gospel ? Can we love everyone unconditionally like Jesus? Do we still carry bitterness in our hearts ? Do we have self pride ? Are we jealous about others? Are we cursing others?Do we have anger issues  ? I could keep on writing more .

If yes , We are not even close to bearing any fruit in our lives . I am writing this as a warning for even myself. Check your lives . Where are you failing today ? Ask the Holy Spirit for his help.He is always ready to help out in time of our need. I pray that all our lives reflect Christ like character . Let us show Jesus everyday to everyone through our lives . 

Behold , Jesus is coming back soon . 

Are we ready to meet our Lord ? 

Grace and Blessings to everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment